Posts Tagged ‘Ophelia Benson’
Tags: Crime, Ethics, Fabian, Freedom of speech, Greg Laden, Julia Kristeva, Ku Klux Klan, Ophelia Benson, Politics of Sexuality, PZ Myers, Rape, sex negative feminism, Sexual objectification, Stephanie, Stephanie Zvan, the maternal gaze, United States, Victim blaming, white female privilege, women and power
Tags: Abbie Smith, Bullying, Crayola, Equity and gender feminism, Feminism, HIV, Ophelia Benson, oppression of women, Periodic table, Pig, ScienceBlogs, Sex-positive feminism, sexual politics, women and power, Women's rights
Tags: Abbie Smith, Boudica, Bullying, Equity and gender feminism, Feminism, feminist theory, Misandry, Ophelia Benson, Rape culture, sex negative feminism, Sexual objectification, sexual politics, the maternal gaze, Violence, women and power
[Warning: This post contains links to a story of old goats bullying young goats. Also, I am writing under high stress due to the fact that I am surrounded by a herd of 5 human females–one of them obscenely stuffing her boob in a little persons mouth! Appalling, really…*]
Ophelia Benson writes books. That is how she makes her money. And she is a misandrist, a sexist, and a snob who uses violent words, the repression of words, and tribal politics to stir up violence against other women.
She advises her friends to target, and bully others. ( I won’t cite that because I am against encouraging violence, and hesitant to send any onlookers to her site, but I recommend learning self defense at every opportunity.)
Well, one of her recent targets is Abbie Smith, a virologist by trade, and a blogger who is one of the few on the internet who does not censor speech–which is really the censorship of ideas, and criticism of ideas. These types of people who are bullying Smith claim that they are battling trolls, but really, that is a hollow argument–they are actually pushing political agendas, and actively silencing dissent.
Abbie Smith has stood against the assaults of an entire internet community of misandrists, and bullies who demanded that she “get in line” and “know her place” in a social hierarchy of white middle class values.
And Ms. Smith didn’t do that. So they all piled on her–like a gang rape. I won’t link to their vile posts and blogs, but I will point to Ms. Smiths bold and unusual method of resistance to female bullying.
The thread I point to is worth the time to read, and often hilarious; and quite likely an actual evolutionary bang–the place of the abiogenesis of a new way of looking at old wormy, worn out issues that have proven themselves to be false narratives.
Many women are bullies the way that Ophelia Benson is a bully. Part of my thesis is that this female bullying largely goes unnoticed by the wider society–and this combines leads to other related behaviors, which are seldom studied in terms of female specific forms of social violence.
Feminist criminology is itself exclusively devoid of terminology to deal with female crimes and actual bad behavior, which leads to larger, bigger forms of bullying–not least of which is what you see in action at the ERV blog, and those who call for censorship against it.
In fact, the lack of examination of women’s violence against women, and women’s violence and aggression against children, is the central part of my thesis. I believe it leads to war. I also believe that by not discussing, critiquing, or analyzing female violence outside of the feminist paradigm creates and perpetuates a dualistic male/ female paradigm wherein violence is more likely to occur.
I thought I had a friend, once, an aged old silver back who was cannibalized in the feminist culture-wars and who was blind to the female half of imperialist actual wars, who told me something about evolution which I have never forgotten–well, most of it anyways.
My former imaginary internet friend said: “There are four F’s that describe all of animal behavior; which leads to gene transfer; which leads to evolution. ”
1. Females. 2. Food 3. Fighting 4. Fucking.
I am sure there was another one or ten F’s in there but those are the basics of how it all happens. And it is also the basics of how violence begins in a herd as well. ( I mean, sure, there’s feeling, friskiness, finagling, flippant face farting and so forth that all figure into it , but they aren’t the big ones.)
No–don’t EVER presume that violence begins merely over food–quite not. In fact, violence is a herd behavior that is a constant, and bigger violence, which begins like a spark in a herd that is composed of females of varying ages foraging for food ( picture goats with their butts in the air, tails twitching, circled around a haystack), leads to male competition for the females–a sexual–and dialectical resource.
(male violence is a whole ‘nother issue, but most often in a herd it is one on one.)
But most conflict almost always begins when an older female initiates some form of aggression or violence against a younger female–or, in simple terms, old goats bully young goats. And, in this case, Ophelia Benson, et al, is bullying Abbie Smith–not that the goat analogy fully fits humans mind you; we are more like chimps, or gorillas, or…ahem.
Well, you can read through it if you want to and figure out who is who. Go here for a primer.
Ms. Benson goes on and on ( you know how they do!) about the oppression of women, and so forth. Despite the fact that she is clearly middle class, well off, and some kind of atheist or another, she still believes in demons–men are all demons to her, and her friends.
Well, needless to say, she is also a white woman–which fits my thesis: no single group, social class, caste, race, or identity has ever made more money, or profited in one way or another from the violence of the world than white women.
If hearing that bothers you–run along! There is nothing we can say to each other. And, if in some way, you agree with that statement ( and of course there are exceptions indeed) continue to follow along if you want to. I promise I won’t hurt you 😉
But no single class race, or gender has ever avoided more prison time, been raped fewer times, or been sold less often, much less been held accountable for their aggression than white females. And their core belief is always to start shit, and then run! Let the police, and the soldiers do the fighting for them! You know–the little people who uphold the privilege.
Her thesis, which is odd coming from someone who claims they are a humanist. Ah–but therein lies the rub–she was a feminist first! Which explains why she makes her money through aggressively pursuing other women, and policing their behavior.
Old feminists in the herd ALWAYS means violence is just around the corner…Don’t say I didn’twarn you.
For more on females bullying females, click me!
* The obscenity is that they are a book club talking about how appalling the conditions in Africa are, with (totally puking now) a copy of Alice Walker in their hands–but the little guy on the boob seems to be hungry enough (I mean–he’s on the breast, not just on the boob discussing Walker’s worn out, quasi-truthful, misandry riddled account of male female interactions). But the epitome of actual appalling is not drawing age appropriate boundaries between mother and child.
**autocachthonous is my big word of the day. It means originating where it is found.
- Ophelia Benson – The Poor Woman’s Catharine MacKinnon (greylining.wordpress.com)
- The extent of females bullying females: there are no boundaries. (pornalysis.wordpress.com)
- Ophelia Expects To Be Taken Seriously Too (greylining.wordpress.com)
- Ophelia Expects To Be Taken Seriously Too, Part 2 (greylining.wordpress.com)
- Dead men finish first. (pornalysis.wordpress.com)
- How widespread is bullying? (education.com)
- Who Are the Students Who Bully Others? (education.com)
- Bullying, Sexual Harassment, and Dating Violence (education.com)
- Trolls? Oh: You mean deformed men, part 2 (pornalysis.wordpress.com)
- Violence Against Aboriginal Women Goes Unsolved (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- United Nations Expert to Look at Violence against Native Women (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Canadian MPs to Study Violence Against Aboriginal Women (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Sexual Violence Against Indigenous Women Discussed at United Nations (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Violence against minority women in CHT goes unabated (jummacommunity.wordpress.com)
- when did violence stop start in Ireland (politics.ie)
- Violence Against Dogs, Once Again! (andrewazzopardi.wordpress.com)
- Women in prison: An issue of blaming the individual for social problems (esciencenews.com)
- Partners in Prevention Offers Online Resources to Help Domestic Violence and Abuse Survivors (prweb.com)
- Violence In The Absolute (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Dear Abbie: Violent, aggressive women are “a huge red flag. Run!” (pornalysis.wordpress.com)