When feminist blogger Jill Filipovic opened her suitcase after the TSA had been sniffing through it, she discovered a note, which said “Get Your Freak On Girl!
They had found an item related to something that always raises a huge red flag:
“The item in question was a small, inexpensive silver bullet vibrator from the sex toy chain Babeland, chosen because Filipovic thought it “wouldn’t raise any flags at TSA.” Now “I’m grossed out,” says Filipovic, “but it’s also hilarious.” The TSA says it’s investigating the incident.”
Ahhhh….those western women and their sex robots…
HollaMom, from Not For Pink Hats echoes my thoughts exactly:
Holla says ” What if maybe, just maybe… she made the whole thing up?? Of course I do not know this woman but to me it’s a brilliant plan. Everyone hates the TSA and wouldn’t put anything past them, so she planted the note at some point. Because there are worse things to get harassed over then a $15 dildo and judging from her website she certainly wouldn’t be embarrassed about having this kind of thing made public. So perfect plan right? She’s the latest TSA victim, gets to yak and talk about it all week and her only crime is what… the fact that she brought a cheap drug store toy over to Dublin, big deal.
Well I guess we’ll never know. But if she did plant the whole story, it’s a good one and it’s getting huge press today, which means she’s getting huge publicity for her blog, and mission accomplished….”
Yup. And Filipovic bought that vibrator in Dublin, apparently, which has recently gained notoriety for Rebecca Watsons elevatorgate stunt. Bunch of scandal engineering blog-runts…
In the age of the internet, feminists have taken to orchestrated publicity stuntsthat involve their…um….hunt for a wider audience. And the credibility of anyone who calls themselves a feminist is a huge red flag against credibility.
- TSA Agent Leaves Creepy Message for Traveler on Inspection Note (newsfeed.time.com)
- The ‘hilarious’ TSA note about a woman’s vibrator – Yahoo! News (mbcalyn.com)
- TSA Screener Finds Blogger’s Vibrator, Orders Her to ‘Get Freak On’ (wired.com)
- Brooklyn Woman Finds Suggestive TSA Note In Luggage Containing Vibrator (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Today’s Nominee For TSA Agent Of The Year ? (Maybe or Maybe Not) (notforpinkhats.com)
- TSA goes through woman’s luggage, finds sex toy, leaves pervy note (boingboing.net)
- TSA IDs agent who left “inappropriate note” in woman’s luggage, “removed from screening operations” (boingboing.net)
- “Get your freak on girl.” (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Congresswoman criticizes TSA for not checking luggage for weapons (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- TSA Sex Advice? Woman Finds ‘Freaky’ Note In Luggage (abcnews.go.com)
- Sex Toy in Luggage Elicited ‘Wildly Inappropriate’ Note From TSA Agent, Traveler Says (foxnews.com)
- Woman Claims TSA Inspector Left Note In Bag Saying “GET YOUR FREAK ON GIRL” After Discovering Sex Toy (jonathanturley.org)
- TSA Agent Jokes About Finding Sex Toy During Luggage Inspection (gunnyg.wordpress.com)
- Wildly Inappropriate (fourtie.com)