Chloe, from feministing.com says:
“Love Your Body Day is a project of the National Organization of Women, which runs a Love Your Body poster contest every year. This year’s winner bears the message that “you are a masterpiece,” and you can send it to your body-loving friends as an e-card if you want. NOW is also running a blog carnival.
When we talk about loving our bodies, we often talk about loving what we look like. “Do you love what you see when you look in the mirror?” asks the NOW campaign.”
NOW says:”Calling All Bloggers! Are you ready to sound off on unrealistic beauty standards and the effects of advertising on women and girls?”
My ears hurt already from all that choreographed sounding off. Well, when you’re done navel gazing, look at this advertisement ( never mind the Ebul MRA message–even when, as in this case they get it right.)
72% of African American Children are born and raised in single mother homes. For the first time in U.S. history, Latino’s outnumber all other categories children born into poverty–and marking the first time in U.S. history where white children did not comprise the largest group of kids born into poverty.
Most reputable studies report significant developmental and behavioral problems in children raised by single mothers.*
I wonder: Do the bodies that birth other bodies give as much thought to the bodies that come out of their vaginas as they give their own bodies? Or are some bodies just less worth thinking about?
And why is it that in the age of birth control and abortion clinics, women don’t use the resource? My guess is that somewhere along the line, spmeone is making money using children as a tool.
I can just hear all of the recovering Catholic women who replaced the Virgin Mary with the pill, and Vagina Monologues now : ” Well if you didn’t want a baby why did you unzip your zipper? Why did you put it in her? Huh? Huh?”
And, I have heard also heard the opposite idiocy of every clueless MRA, and every naive young fellah who has ever been tricked reply ” She told me she was on birth control..! She said she was on the pill! The condom broke….”
Poppycock, emphasis on both poppy, and cock. If one man or woman could sue the birth control industry for every unwanted child, and the effects of that failed birth control,**the results would make the tobacco settlements look like small change.
I wonder where the middle ground is at…because we know there is no male pill–by design; and according to the last five decades and the laws of social engineering.
*I am completely avoiding the loaded discussion about the phrase ‘single parent families‘ because it is a laughably inept phrase to describe the complex, disheartening situation of family courts, social policies, and social engineering that describes the situation on the ground about single mothers, and women’s choices that affect men.
** The common trope that I have often heard is that “the condom broke; the pill failed; my doctor switched me to a different pill which failed.” If this is true, I smell a potential HUGE lawsuit against the birth control industry.
If this is not the truth, and there is ‘something I might be missing’ about these self reports of failed birth control, then please explain to me why no lawyer has yet sued that industry.
- Fill the World’s Sick and Starving Vaginas With Hope, Before it’s Too Late! (pornalysis.wordpress.com)
- America’s Next Top Model, Whitney Thompson, Combine Love Your Body and NOH8 to Promote Acceptance For All (prweb.com)
- America’s Next Top Model, Whitney Thompson Defends Tyra Banks and Poses Nude to Help Women Love Their Bodies (prweb.com)
- Phoenix Women Redesign their Relationship with their Body for National Love Your Body Day (prweb.com)
- Fat is Not a Feeling: Love Your Body Day + Fat Talk Free Week (becomingabetterwoman.com)
- About Curves Plus Size Lingerie Celebrates Love Your Body Day in Order to Promote Size Acceptance (prweb.com)
- love your mirror, love your self, love your body day (shaunaleelange.com)
- Blog post by deZengo (community.humanityhealing.net)
- Happy Love Your Body Day! (sherights.com)
- Celebrate Love Your Body Day! (sacredspacestudio.wordpress.com)
- What Do You Love About Your Body? (fitnessandfeta.wordpress.com)
- Birth Control Pill Once Again Charged With Making Us Pick The ‘Wrong’ Men (blisstree.com)